When you are in love with something or, someone, you will do whatever it takes to be close to that person or object. That is why the author of the excellent blog called BoredPanda came to Croatia to hunt the locations from her favorite TV series. Guess which one? Game of Thrones, of course! Along with her husband, this lady travelled from Dubrovnik to Split to explore ancient city walls, small streets and all those hidden treasures that she saw in some episodes of the show. Here is what she found out on this trip.
‘Some places were easy to find – Dubrovnik, for example, is just like one huge filming set. But other spots (like streets in Split) we found either after a long search or just stumbled upon by an accident.’
Bored Panda discovered many Croatian locations used in fGame of Thrones and here is the list:
1. Fort Lovrijenac (Dubrovnik) as Red Keep (King’s Landing);
2. Outside the Walls of Dubrovnik Old Town;
3. Minceta Tower as the Home of the Dragons and the House of the Undying;
4. Baroque Staircase (Dubrovnik) Becomes the Stairs to the Great Sept of Baelor (King’s Landing);
5. Inside Dubrovnik’s Old Town – the Place Where Sparrows Were Preaching;
6. Baroque Staircase (Dubrovnik) and the Famous “Shaming” scene;
7. Fortress of Klis – City of Meereen;
8. Trsteno Arboretum (Trsteno) – The Gardens of Red Keep;
9. The Basement of Diocletian’s Palace (Split) – Daenerys’ Throne Room;
10. Papalićeva Street in Split became one of the Streets Seen in Slave Rebellion Scene;
11. The Basement of Diocletian’s Palace (Split) – Where Dragons are Kept.
After you see the results of their “scene hunt” we hope that you will get the inspiration to come to Croatia and to do the same!