Mmmm, the artichokes’ season! We just love this meaty vegetable, rich with minerals and vitamins, so we decided to share with you one hidden recipe we found stashed in our cook books.
– 8 artichokes
– 5 tsp breadcrumbs
– 3 garlic pieces
– half bind of parsley
– 3 to 4 tsp of grated parmesan
– 3 to 4 tsp of olive oil
– 15 grams of horse beans or peas (or even both if you like)
– Salt and pepper
1. Cut the stem of artichokes and if needed, remove outer leaves and sharp parts of plants.
2. Put them in water and wash them.
3. Prepare the filling mixture. Cut in small pieces garlic and parsley, combined with bread crumbs and Parmesan. Add salt and pepper.
4. Drain artichokes. Dissolving leaves with wands, fill them with mixture.
5. Place them upright in a shallow cooking pot.
6. Put the horse bean / peas between stuffed artichokes.
7. Pour them with water (almost to the top), add the olive oil and, if you want, add some grated Parmesan.
8. Cook on low heat for about an hour – until the water evaporates and leaves of artichokes become tender.
How to eat artichokes?
Lay them between upper and lower teeth and pull! Softer leaves and the heart of artichokes can be eaten whole.