Firefighters’ Message: Be Careful With Christmas Decorations

Firefighting community of Dubrovnik-Neretva County warns citizens to be careful with using Christmas decorations this Advent time since during this period of the year, the risk of fire escalation is increased.

Christmas lighting used in decorating is often not working completely correct, and the sparklers are often placed near the surfaces that can easily get inflamed. Often the Christmas decorations and decorative candles are left unattended near the Christmas trees. A natural Christmas tree poses a special danger because it dries quickly and it takes 30 seconds for it to burn! Also, during the dumping of pyrotechnic items, not enough care is taken about the surface to which these objects will fall, which can lead to a fire.

The firefighting community of the Dubrovnik-Neretva County published a few tips as well:

Do not leave lit candles unattended.
Do not use improper Christmas lighting and do not burn sparklers on Christmas tree.
Do not place Christmas trees near the heat source.
Be careful with the use of pyrotechnic articles.