This votive church is the oldest church dedicated to St Blaise that is located outside the historical nucleus. In 1347, Benedikt Gundulić had the church built on the site of an older church mentioned for the first time in 1255.
For its location on the cliff-cave above the open seas, it has often been damaged by earthquakes, thunders, bomb shelling and plundering. The medieval remains are the semicircular apse and the eastern part of the wall, the rest originates from 19th and 20th centuries.
The mass is served upon the closing of the Feast of Saint Blaise taking place in February.